Just like Facebook Live and Twitter’s Periscope, China’s Weibo is seeing a boom in users making their own live streaming video on the social network.
Growing quietly but steadily over the past five years, the live-streaming industry has become a viable source of income for many thousands across the globe, but nowhere is it more lucrative than in China. The country’s live-stream industry was worth upwards of $3 billion in 2016, increasing 180% year over year. In this seminar, there are keys to take away:
- Overview of Weibo, its decline and come back
- Introduction to Live Streaming
- What’s MiaoPai and how to use its marketing functions
- Weibo& Miaopai working together on brand promotion
- Case studies – social selling
- Other platforms to watch out for: Yizhibo & Bilibili